Our lower back lanai with double hammock, swing, covered gazebo. And different sitting areas
Waipio Wayside Bed And Breakfast Inn
Waipio Wayside B&B is a historic 1932 plantation home restored to reflect the style and hospitality of "old Hawaii". The Wayside Inn is a smoke free and cat friendly. We serve organic breakfast and provide organic bath products and have recycling on site. Located two miles past the historic sugar town of Honokaa and minutes from Waipio Valley ( the Hawaiian valley of the kings). We are centrally located half way between Kona and Hilo and only 1 & 1/2 hours from Volcano National park. Perfect location for small weddings, family reunions and quiet getaways. Enjoy our great ocean views from the double hammock on our lower deck.
: 808-775-0275 : 800-833-8849
PO Box 840
Honokaa, HI 96727
View map of area
Set in the heart of Hawaii's historic sugar plantation country, the Wayside pampers our visitors with unique, antique-furnished bedrooms, sumptuous bathrooms, and bountiful organic continental breakfasts served traditional style in the plantation house dining room.
This historic 1932 sugar plantation superintendents residence is set in a tropical garden of fruit and nut trees, brilliant-flowering, sweet-smelling shrubs and orchids. Our extensive decks offer panoramic views of ocean and a small coveredgazebo to lounge in.
The home has been lovingly restored, and furnished throughout with charming antiques. Each of the five bedrooms carries a different theme - the Chinese Room furnished in Chinese antiques from 1836 - 1895 with a color theme of deep blue and crisp whites; the Plantation Room with two double antique beds, one hand carved from Scotland: the Birds Eye Room furnished in birds eye maple furniture, is very private and is a favorite for honeymooners; the Library Room with warm knotty pine walls with the best ocean views, and over 200 books; the Moon Room is our bugetwith lots of books and a garden view.
Our snack counter is open to visitors all the time, and is stocked with over 25 kinds of teas and a few snacks for your enjoyment.
In the evening, relax in our comfortable sitting room, browse our extensive Hawaiian library, or enjoy a movie or DVD from our video library. Or you may choose to star gaze from the double hammock on our deck.
Aloha, Jacqueline Horne
- Our location is two miles past the town of Honokaa on highway 240. ideal for the Hawaii visitor minutes from the second most visited destination on the Big Island - Waipio Valley. Set in the temperate north-eastern coast,
we are about halfway between Kona's beach resorts and nightlife, and historic Hilo.
- All our bedrooms have fans, good reading lights and private bathrooms. The Library , Birds Eye, Chinese and Plantation rooms have the baths in suite. The Moon Room has a private bath across the hall. Please visit our web site www.waipiowayside.com for photos of each room and more photo's of the B&B.
- Rates are quoted as cost per night plus Hawaii state tax.
Rates apply to single or double occupancy and are subject to Hawaii State excise and hotel room tax. Additional person per room add $25 per person per night plus Hawaii tax.
- We are happy to offer a bountiful "as organic as possible" breakfasts, with outstanding coffee and a large assortment of teas. Our fruit is Island grown and presents the best of what the Big Island has to offer.
- Our property is one and one half acres of lush tropical trees and plants. We offer a garden setting viewed from two large decks with a double hammock
swing and covered gazebo overlooking the rolling fields to the the ocean 1000 feet below. Enjoy our tea bar, extensive Hawaiiana library and DVD selection. WIFI for internet connection and cable TV. Our Inn is cat friendly,
Sweety stays mostly outdoors and she does come in to eat and visit.
Cable/Satellite TV Innkeeper onsite Internet Access On-site Activities Private Bath Queen Bed
- Preferred method of booking rooms and requests for information is by email or feel to CALL 800-833-8849. Please be aware of the time difference when phoning.
There is a 3 night minimum required in all rooms for Easter and Thanksgiving weeks and from December 24th through January 1st.
We accept Visa or Master Card for deposit. Cast, travelers checks or personal checks for balance owed.
Guests welcoming notes are always on the front entry door.
Check-in is between 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 pm or please call.
We do not offer early check-in at this time
Check-out of bedrooms by 10:30. a.m.
No guest pets allowed.
No smoking permitted
Breakfast is served at 8:00 a.m.
Special diets (food allergies) are taken into consideration if presented
To guarantee your reservations, full payment is required for all one night
stays, Merry Monarch and between December 23rd to Jan 1st.
B&B rental (all 5 rooms) full payment is due at booking.
A 50% deposit is required for all other reservations by Visa or Master card. Balance in cash is due at time of check in.
Personal Check Cash Master Card Traveler's Check Visa
PO Box 840
This listing has been viewed 63372 times. Modified: 10/02/2012