Ocean View from our Organic Kona Coffee Farm
North Kona District
Mango Sunset Bed and Breakfast Inn at Lyman Kona Coffee Farms
Cordial family Inn overlooking our active eight acre Certified Organic Kona Coffee Estate. Breathtaking views of 5 mi. of ocean coastline. Tranquil surroundings: Bird sanctuary, tropical fruit and flowers. Famous hot breakfasts. Easy to find, easy to reach, close to everything. Coffee Farms tours on request (see our website for details).
: 808-325-0909 : 808-989-0674
73-4261 Mamalahoa Hwy
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
View map of area
Very private and serene family setting on Lyman Kona Coffee Farms. At 2,100 ft elevation, you have sweeping and breathtaking views of many miles of Pacific Ocean and gorgeous mango colored sunsets. Average temperature is in the mid-70s all year. Ranch-style BnB built 2004; warm bamboo hardwood floors, insulated for sound throughout; doors and trim are Mahogany. Four Guest Rooms named after Hawaiian marine animals. Hans, Marsha (and Karen) are owner/operators of the farm, as well as the Innkeepers, and live on the premises in their own new house. After comfortable and peaceful nights, enjoy breakfast with all other guests in our ocean-view Gazebo. There, and overlooking our 3,200 tree Kona Coffee farm (Kona Coffee Eco-Tour on request), you can take in our spectacular ocean view while munching your banana-macadamia nut pancakes and star fruit filled papaya boat. See miles of coast, check out the surf line, count the boats, or use binoculars to watch the multitude of birds, among them wild turkeys and the endangered and regal Hawaiian Hawk. Then drive off to your day of diving or biking, Volcano watching or golfing, visiting the Mauna Kea observatory, deep sea fishing or kayaking. Shop and dine in Kona just 15 minutes away, explore historical sites or mosey through quaint artist villages. Later, have a drink on the lanai, and be awed by our miraculously colorful mango sunsets.
Aloha, Hans and Marsha Eckert
- Over two thousand feet (and 4 road miles) above the Kona airport-- we see but do not hear the planes. Excellent private driveway from Hwy 190 (Mamalahoa Hwy). Five miles from downtown Kona. Plenty of free parking. We are a Certified Organic Kona Coffee Estate and have won multiple awards and medals. Yes, we DO sell our own coffee to our guests (as well as on the Internet and wholesale). We are also the ONLY Kona Coffee Farm that (also) produces and sells certified organic "Kona Natural" coffee (dried in the skin). We also sell "Kona Red Tea" (from coffee cherry skins), Macadamia Nuts, a CD with very authentic Hawaiian music -- including a song about the Lyman Family. The Lymans were among the first missionaries who were invited by the Kingdom. David and Sarah built the first wood-frame house in Hawaii (now Lyman Museum in Hilo) and our daughter Karen is their 6th generation granddaughter.
- Cozy and comfortable rooms: Choice of four guest rooms, 3 with in-suite baths. 3 have Queen size and one has two XL Twin beds. 3 have six foot patio doors to the lanai where we all eat our breakfasts; We are completely nicotine free!
- "Honu" (Queen bed, private bath): $130.00; "Kohola" (2 XL Twin beds, private bath down the hall): $115.00 ; "Hahalua" (Queen bed, private bath): $130.00. "Naia" (Queen; in-suite bath; extra bed possible: $130; $160 for 3 persons); All rates per night/room, plus 13.4% tax, including full hot breakfasts, parking, TV, free WiFi, computer. Any seventh night of any consecutive stay in the same room is FREE OF CHARGE.
- Guests enjoy a full hot farm breakfast with the hosts on the lanai at about 7:30. Always included: certainly our very famous own 100% Certified Organic Kona Estate Coffee (or tea), 100% fruit juices and fresh fruit (mostly from the Island). Dietary needs honored. Hans is the chef and is a "Locavore" member of the "Farmer-Chef Alliance", as well as founding member of the "Hawaii AgriTourism Association": he grows or buys local foods; much of it now from the farm/organic garden. See what we grow! (including 80 types of fruit).
- Activity Room and Living Room: free guest computer/very fast connection, free wireless, satellite TV; Guest fridge, microwave, toaster, laundry facilities (modest fee), outside guest kitchen/gas BBQ with lights and sink. Convenient, free parking; hammock, telescope, beach mats, cooler; for Divers/Snorkelers: special area in the barn for gear cleaning and storage. Nature trail; walk around on farm and garden;
Cable/Satellite TV Innkeeper onsite Internet Access Kitchen On-site Activities Private Bath Private Lanai Queen Bed
- * Please use our safe on-line booking system (on our OWN website: RESERVATIONS tab, "Check Availability" button). We accept most credit cards. $300 Deposit or 2 day full payment at booking; any remainder will be charged at arrival.
* We check in guests between 3:00 PM and 8:30 PM. Please understand that any other check-ins will require advanced arrangements and agreement from us. We will then send you a late check in directive. Try to stick to that time-frame: we are waiting to greet you in person. If you get delayed, please call.
* WE HAVE A TWO NIGHT MINIMUM STAY. We may permit exceptions but will charge a $30.00 Cleaning Fee. Email or call us for permission. Mahalo!
* Please understand that we are a completely smoke-free environment and do not permit smoking on our premises anywhere by anyone.
* We allow children (our little "manager" is 8 years old), provided their parents assure that they won't become a burden to other guests, the innkeepers, or disturb our serene atmosphere. For children under 12 we charge $20.00 per night and provide - upon request - a floor mat with full bedding; a set of crib/tub/changing mat, or roll-away bed in the Naia Room id available for a small fee..
* We have a roll-away bed for a third person ($30.00 p.n.; $20.00 for children under age 12). This is best done in the Naia Room
* Per Hawaiian tradition (and to be kind to our bamboo floor), we ask that no street shoes are worn in the house.
* Cancellation Policy: We will refund your deposit (or full payment if made) in full, minus a $30.00 handling charge per room and booking period, provided we have received your written cancellation notice 30 days prior to your arrival date. Between 29 days and seven days prior, you lose half of your deposit; within seven days of planned arrival you lose your whole deposit.
* If a guest were ever to choose to depart DURING a booked stay, prior to the end of the reservation period, for any reason, we reserve the right to charge three days towards the remaining and paid for booking duration for loss to our business.
* As a working Coffee Farm, and in harmony with nearly every guest we've ever had, we serve breakfast during the week sometime between 7:30 and 8:30 AM, and all of us take our breakfast on the Lanais. That is to say that you may of course sleep in at any time, but will then have to contend with cold breakfast leftovers in the fridge.
* We have full laundry facilities for a modest fee.
* PLEASE ASSURE THAT ALL GUESTS HAVE READ AND AGREED TO THESE POLICIES.
* Please have the direction that we'll send you with the confirmation WITH YOU IN THE CAR as you come to the Inn.
American Express Cash Master Card Visa
- Check Availability
: Hans and Marsha
73-4261 Mamalahoa Hwy
This listing has been viewed 93233 times. Modified: 05/23/2014