Hamakua Ranch House
The Hamakua Ranch House is a private estate - gorgeous and serene. The place where you can truly leave all your cares behind. This completely renovated historic home was the original Ranch Manager’s House for Kukaiau Ranch. Come hear the quiet of old Hawaii.
: (808)776-9890 : (808)226-7411
42-1952 Kalapahapuu Rd
Pa'auilo, HI 96776
View map of area
The view is absolutely stunning from anywhere on this remarkable property. From the front porch you can see the beautiful summit of Mauna Kea (you can see snow on the peak during the winter months). From the back decks, you can sun, read, have cocktails or just relax as you look out across rolling pasture with koa and ohia trees and see all the way down to the ocean; it is hard to tell where the sky and ocean meet. You can also see Haleakala on Maui when the conditions are right. On clear nights, you will feel like you can touch the stars as you sit on your own deck or gather with us and other guests around the fire pit. You are welcome to spend the day on the ranch with a blanket and a picnic basket, or go for a hike and explore. This is beyond doubt a getaway place that you will remember and want to return to again and again…
Aloha, Tim & Terri Dolan
- Nestled at 3,500 ft elevation on the beautiful Hamakua Coast on 29.5 gorgeous acres, approximately 6 miles mauka (up the mountain), The Hamakua Ranch House and property is incredibly serene. We are surrounded by abundant wildlife including horses, cows, turkeys, pheasants, and other native birds. You may even see a wild pigs.
Kukaiau Ranch is located just outside of Pa'auilo town which is about half way in between Hilo and Waimea on the beautiful Hamakua Coast.
The Hamakua Ranch House is conveniently located with unlimited choices of things to see and do on the Big Island. Whether you choose to visit historic Honokaa town, see the breathtaking views of Waipio Valley, head west through historic Waimea to the Kona Coast for the beautiful beaches, travel south to see magical waterfalls, or visit Kilauea volcano, you can do it all from this location. Explore the Big Island during the day, and return to heaven each night to relax and enjoy true peace and quiet.
***The world has 13 climates; the big island has 11 of them! Make sure you pack for the cool mountain breezes as well as the beach!
- There are two suites in the main house, a separate guest cottage, and an executive studio great for families or larger groups. Each suite has its own bath and a wall mounted 47” flat screen TV with premium sports and cable channels. You will wake in the morning after a wonderful night’s sleep on our memory foam mattress and the finest linens available. We use only 1500 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets and thick down comforters.
The “Mermaid Suite” is decorated with Mermaid décor and has a California King size bed. It is located in the main house. The private bath boasts both a walk in shower and a jacuzzi tub with an incredible view. This unit sleeps 2.
The “Honu Suite” is decorated in Honu (or Sea Turtle) décor and is located in the main house. It has a solid walnut Queen size bed. The private bath has a walk in shower. This unit sleeps 2.
The “Paniolo Cottage” is decorated In Hawaiian cowboy décor. It is detached from the main house and our most private unit. There is a King size bed with a cowhide headboard in true Paniolo Style. The bath has a walk in shower. There is a wood-burning stove in the sitting room as well as a large sectional sofa. The cottage boasts a full kitchen. You have your own covered lanai (porch) complete with rockers and a gas grill. When booking this suite, be sure to inquire about having your fridge/kitchen stocked before your arrival. This unit sleeps 2.
The Ohia Loft is our newest and largest studio (1200 SF) and detached from the main house. Perfect for a family - so large that there is room to spread out. It boasts a full kitchen and private bath. The space has a king bed and a queen bed. This unit sleeps 4.
Each suite has it’s own guide book and maps of the island.
- The Honu Suite is priced at $259.00 per night.
The Mermaid Suite is priced at $279.00 per night.
The Paniolo Cottage is priced at $349.00 per night.
The Ohia Loft at $349.00
- We provide a delicious home cooked breakfast for all guests daily. Most mornings consist of a hot breakfast with sides of local and organic fruits and vegetables. Many of our ingredients come from our on-site green house!
Please let us know in advance if you have any special dietary needs or restrictions.
- WIFI, indoor lobby area, grilling BBQ area, picnic area, hammock, large fire pit, private lanais (porches), lobby area with DVD player and premium satellite channels, family games, bar and kitchen.
Cable/Satellite TV Detached Suite(s) Fireplace Innkeeper onsite Internet Access King Bed Kitchen On-site Activities Private Bath Private Lanai Queen Bed
- BALANCE DUE AT TIME OF RESERVATION
WE ACCEPT CASH, VISA & MASTER CARD AND AMERICAN EX
WE HAVE A 30-DAY CANCELLATION POLICY.
Personal Check American Express Cash Master Card Visa
- Book Online
- Check Availability
: Tim & Terri
42-1952 Kalapahapuu Rd
Have you stayed with us?
Have you stayed at Hamakua Ranch House? Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Association would like to know about your experience. Please use the form below to tell us about your stay with Hamakua Ranch House. Your comments will be sent to the association as well as to the inn-keeper.
Please do not include any urls in your message. Domains should be written as www.site-dot-com. Fields with * are required.
This listing has been viewed 29243 times. Modified: 03/01/2016