As an alternative lodging to the mega resorts, we offer our peaceful, quiet country estate. Our Bed & Breakfast accommodations offer separate suites decorated with local art & casual comfort in mind
: 808-882-1653 : 877-882-1653
59-513 Ala Kahua Drive, P.O. Box 44953
Kamuela, HI 96743
View map of area
Hale Ho'onanea - The Hospitality of a B&B
with the Privacy of a Vacation Rental
on the Beautiful Gold Coast of West Hawaii
Hawaii has long been recognized as a romantic hideaway. Kohala has both remote country charm and world class resorts with fine dining & unique shops. We are surrounded in historical significance & natural treasures. Hale Ho'onanea is an ideal haven for honeymoons & anniversary celebrations. Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and moonlight on the ocean from your own lanai. Awaken to the music of singing birds with a serene sunrise over majestic Mauna Kea...Restore your body, mind & soul.
• Whale watch; prime viewing season for humpback whale watching is December through March.
• Curl up with a good book.
• Go within; listen to therapeutic Hawaiian music,
• Relax with a movie. Many videos to choose from.
• Ponder the meaning of life under a canopy of stars.
• Vacation at your own pace.
• LISTEN to the quiet at Hale Ho'onanea.
All guests are encouraged to enjoy our large front lawn with loveseats and hammock to enjoy the tropical plants, birds, and ocean and mountain views. We are 15 minutes from Hapuna Beach and between 10 and 25 minutes from most all the resorts on the Kohala Coast, and their very fine beaches with all the swimming, snorkeling and sunning you could want, not to mention world-class dining, shopping and golf. We are just 5 minutes north of Kawaihae where you can visit Pu'ukohola Heiau or charter a fishing trip; 25 minutes from both Hawi with its quaint shops & galleries and Waimea (Kamuela) home of Parker Ranch; 30 minutes from Kapa'au birthplace of King Kamehameha where you can visit his statue; just down the road from Kapa'au is Pololu Valley, a beautiful overlook and nice little hike down to the valley floor and black sand beach. We are one hour north of Kona and its coffee plantations, just under two hours from Hilo, home of the annual Merry Monarch Hula Competition and the best farmers market on the island; Volcanoes National Park is about 2.5 hours away.
Aloha, Bruce & Melanie Biddle
- We are located on the Kohala Coast of the Big Island, just north of Kawaihae Harbor. Located on 3 acres in Kohala Estates on the beautiful Gold Coast of West Hawaii, playground of ancient Hawaiian royalty. Our 900 foot elevation provides us with panoramic ocean views overlooking the Kohala Coast, and temperatures a few degrees cooler than found at sea level, so we are naturally air cooled. Our weather is usually warm & sunny.
- The second story Bamboo Suite has a king bed, queen sofa sleeper, private bath, kitchenette and your own lanai with sweeping ocean views.
The ground level Tranquility Suite has a king bed, daybed with trundle (convertible to king bed), private bath, kitchenette and your own lanai with ocean view.
Our detached Palm Suite has a queen bed, queen futon, private bath, kitchenette and shares a lanai with your hosts.
- $100 - $130 per night, single or double occupancy. Additional charges for occupancy in excess of two per room; $15 per additional guest; $25 for families with two children. Two night minimum stay required unless booking within seven days of arrival date. One night bookings are subject to $25 fee
- Enjoy breakfast at your leisure featuring 100% Kona coffee, tropical fruit, homemade bread macadamia nuts, juice & cereal. Your continental breakfast basket is served to your suite each evening so you can wake and eat at what ever time is right for you.
- All suites have a private entrance & bath, off-street parking, kitchenette with microwave, coffee maker, toaster oven and refrigerator, and an outdoor barbecue grill. Amenities include cable TV, VCR, high speed internet access for your laptop, book library, and a variety of videotapes for your viewing pleasure.
Cable/Satellite TV Detached Suite(s) Internet Access King Bed Kitchen Private Bath Queen Bed
- We accept cash, traveler's checks, VISA and MasterCard. Reservations are confirmed by an advanced deposit of 50% which must be received within 7 days of making your reservation. Reservations are not guaranteed until deposit is received. Balance is due upon arrival. We will happily refund your deposit, less a $25 booking fee, for cancellations made at least 30 days prior to arrival date. No refunds after check-in unless we are able to rebook your room for nights reserved.
Personal Check Cash Master Card Traveler's Check Visa
: Bruce & Melanie
59-513 Ala Kahua Drive, P.O. Box 44953
Have you stayed with us?
Have you stayed at Hale Ho'onanea? Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Association would like to know about your experience. Please use the form below to tell us about your stay with Hale Ho'onanea. Your comments will be sent to the association as well as to the inn-keeper.
Please do not include any urls in your message. Domains should be written as www.site-dot-com. Fields with * are required.
This listing has been viewed 24113 times. Modified: 05/22/2012