Ala Kai Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 in Keaau and awarded Trip Advisor's 2013 and 2014 Certificate of Excellence, Ala Kai B&B was also featured in a New York Times travel article as the best B&B in East Hawaii.
: 808 966-7205 : 800 806-3646
15-782 Paradise Ala Kai
Keaau, HI 96749
View map of area
Ala Kai, a bed & breakfast and cottage by the sea is located at Kaloli Point on the rugged Puna Peninsula. Ala Kai, in Hawaiian means by the sea or road by the sea. Upon seeing our beautiful home, you will soon see why we chose that name.
Nearby, you will find snorkeling, hiking, swimming and Volcanoes National Park. In December through April, enjoy watching the whales right from our lanai.
For the early risers, we invite you to start your day with the often-spectacular sunrise on the ocean. Then enjoy a leisurely breakfast featuring local fruits, Hawaiian coffee, teas, juice and much more.
Stroll along the oceanfront, hike through the rainforest, experience Hilo's farmers market, view the active lava flow, swim in our pool or enjoy your favorite book. Your hosts, Mary Roblee and Pat Fay are happy to answer any questions and share their island knowledge. And be sure to take time to chat with our resident cats, Asher and Shakespeare.
Aloha, Mary Roblee & Pat Fay
- Ala Kai Bed & Breakfast is located off of Highway 130 between Keaau and Pahoa in Hawaiian Paradise Park, a scenic 17 miles south of Hilo airport. We are directly across the road from the ocean at Kaloli point. Volcanoes National Park is 25 miles from the Ala Kai.
- Bamboo Room: This is our newest room, located on the lower level, and features its own entrance, a private bath, sitting area, refrigerator, coffee maker, picnic basket, cable TV and DVD player.
Aloha Room: Located on the upper main level, the Aloha Room with private bath, features a king size bed, in room cable TV and DVD player.
Aloha Suite: For 2-4 people traveling together, enjoy our two bedroom suite, which includes the Aloha Room, the Turtle Room and a shared bath. The Turtle Room has a queen size bed and single futon, cable TV and DVD player. Each room has its own entrance to the lanai.
Ohana Cottage: Nestled behind the main house, the two bedroom cottage comes with a carport, fully equipped kitchen and its own lanai with an ocean view. The Ohana has one room with a king size bed, one room with a queen-size bed and a pull out couch in the living room. Other amenities include wi-fi, cable TV, DVD/CD player, games, puzzles, washer and dryer, microwave and barbecue grill.
- Our nightly rates:
Bamboo Room: $125
Aloha Room: $125
Aloha Suite: $160
Ohana Cottage: $130-$160. depending on number of guests
Tax will be added at the rate of 13.42%.
The Ohana Cottage requires a two night minimum stay. One night stays are accepted for the Aloha Room, Aloha Suite or the Bamboo Room for an additional $30 per room fee
- Breakfast, featuring island fruits, Hawaiian coffee, teas and much more is served on the lanai of the main house between 7:30 and 9:00 am. If you require an earlier start to your day, please let us know. Also be sure to let us know of any dietary restrictions.
- The Ala Kai features wireless Internet connection, a wonderful wrap around lanai, fantastic views and the tranquility of the ocean sounds. The Ala Kai has an in ground swimming pool. A shared sitting area in the main house features games, puzzles, books, microwave, bottled water and a refrigerator. Snorkeling equipment and beach chairs are available upon request. The main house is not equipped for children under 12 years old. The two bedroom cottage (Ohana) features a fully equipped kitchen, cable TV, CD player, DVD/VHS player, wi-fi, gas grill and a washer and dryer. The Ohana has its own lanai to enjoy some sun or read your favorite book. Children of all ages are welcome in the Ohana.
Cable/Satellite TV Detached Suite(s) Innkeeper onsite Internet Access King Bed Kitchen On-site Activities Private Bath Private Lanai Queen Bed
- A one night deposit is required when booking.
We have a two week cancellation policy. A $20 rebooking fee will be charged. Payment in full is required for cancellations less than 24 hours
American Express Cash Master Card Visa
- Book Online
- Check Availability
: Mary Roblee &
: 808 966-7205
: 800 806-3646
: 808 966-7205
15-782 Paradise Ala Kai
Have you stayed with us?
Have you stayed at Ala Kai Bed and Breakfast? Hawaii Bed & Breakfast Association would like to know about your experience. Please use the form below to tell us about your stay with Ala Kai Bed and Breakfast. Your comments will be sent to the association as well as to the inn-keeper.
Please do not include any urls in your message. Domains should be written as www.site-dot-com. Fields with * are required.
This listing has been viewed 28859 times. Modified: 03/27/2015